Taste, sweetness and yield are the chief considerations of most gardeners when choosing corn varieties. We have carefully selected our varieties to cater to these demands. Approximately 5 seeds/gram. Buy Sunnyvee from here.
- The ground must be warm and moist for the corn seed to start to germinate. Early planting does not increase yield.
- Corn can be transplanted. Peat pots can help avoid transplant shock.
- Plants 3-5 seeds approximately 30 cm apart and 2 cm deep in blocks of 4 rows for wind and pollination factors.
- Try 6-10 plants in large [25 litre] black plastic pots. It will keep the roots warm for earlier harvest.
- Harvest when kernels are full and the juice inside them is ‘milky’.
Sunnyvee – 66 days. An improved Spancross variety. Plants 1.5 m [5′] tall, and vigorous. Ears 18 cm [7″] long with 12-14 rows. Very good tip fill. Excellent cooking and freezing variety. Suitable for the home and commercial garden. Buy Sunnyvee from seed centre.