Growing peppers can be very challenging and rewarding. An excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Start plants 8 to 10 weeks prior to transplanting outdoors.
- Sow seed 7 mm [1/4″] deep.
- Plant outdoors when soil is warm.
- When full size, pick promptly to encourage new growth.
- If temperature drops below 7°C, fruit set will be hindered
Long Red Cayenne – 72 days from transplant. Often curled and twisted, this very hot pepper grows 13-15 cm long and 1 cm across [5-6″x0.5″] tapering to a point. Fruits are borne pendant on 60 to 75 cm [24-30″] tall plants. Dark green colour changes to a bright red at maturity. Popular for pickling and seasoning.