Sweet delicious carrots can only be achieved by growing your own. Approximately 620 seeds/gram. Buy Little Finger from here.
- Soil should be worked 15 to 25 cm [6-8″] deep.
- Avoid fresh manure which may cause forks, splits and tough hairy roots.
- Sow seed at a rate of 2-3 per 2 cm about 1 cm deep.
- Carrot seeds need to stay damp until sprouted.
- Sprouts will NOT push through crusted soil.
- Harvest after carrots have a good orange colour when flavour is best.
Little Finger – 65 days. Roots 9×1.5 cm [3.5×5/8″] almost coreless, smooth cylindrical, rich orange colour, with small tops. Gourmet cooking type carrot. Excellent flavour. Ideal for patio and window boxes. Buy Little Finger from seed centre.