Sweet delicious carrots can only be achieved by growing your own. Approximately 620 seeds/gram. Buy Imperator from here.
- Soil should be worked 15 to 25 cm [6-8″] deep.
- Avoid fresh manure which may cause forks, splits and tough hairy roots.
- Sow seed at a rate of 2-3 per 2 cm about 1 cm deep.
- Carrot seeds need to stay damp until sprouted.
- Sprouts will NOT push through crusted soil.
- Harvest after carrots have a good orange colour when flavour is best.
Imperator – 75 days. Roots 25-25 cm [8-10″] long and almost coreless, smooth, tapered to pointed tips. Deep orange colour. Tops 40-50 cm [16-20″] tall, well attached to roots. Leading market and shipping variety, and well suited to winter storage. Requires deep loamy soil. Buy Imperator from seed centre.